EFFECTIVE DATE: FEBRUARY 1, 2019
UPDATED: MARCH 28, 2022
SUBJECT: INTERLIBRARY LOAN
PURPOSE: To make additional materials available to library cardholders by borrowing from other libraries.
- CPL Traditional cardholders with accounts in good standing are eligible to request ILL items.
- ILL requests can be made online at chesapeakelibrary.org
- Five (5) ILL requests and/or checked out items may be active at one time.
- Lending periods and renewals are determined by the lending institution.
- A $4.00 flat shipping fee will be charged to the account. Additional fees will be charged for any costs assessed by obtaining ILL items, including postage fees charged by the lending institution. Patrons are responsible for fees whether or not they check out the requested item. Fees are paid upon presentation of ILL to patron.
- A patron who fails to pick up three (3) filed requests will have requests suspended for a period of 3 months.
- Some materials may not be available through ILL.
- ILL items returned after the due date are charged an overdue fine of .50 per day.
- Patrons are charged replacement or damage costs for ILL items determined by the lending library.