We're here to help you!
Learn the latest on library operations and services.
Maintaining the health and safety of our customers and our staff is our first priority. With that in mind, services and operations may change during this time.
- Online services are still the safest option.
- Curbside Pickup is available at all locations.
Please do not enter the library if:
- you have a fever
- you have COVID-19 symptoms
- you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- you have been advised to quarantine at home due to COVID-19
- Our hours of operation: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily, except at Dr. Clarence V. Cuffee Library.
- Please maintain at least six feet of social distancing.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times inside the Library.
- Visits must be limited to one hour or less for all guests. Computer use is limited to one hour.
- Chairs and tables have been removed; individual and group study is not permitted.
- All minors must be supervised by an adult while visiting the Library.
- browse our collection
- check out or return materials
- connect with a notary
- ask library staff for assistance
What if I need to return items?
You can still use any of our book drops inside or out. We sanitize items when they are returned to us before they are sent back to the shelves.
What if I want to borrow items like books, movies, music CDs or magazines?
Curbside Pickup is available at all locations. Reserve items online or by phone at least 24 hours in advance.
What about programs and storytimes?
Still need help?
Please call 757-410-7100 to speak to someone at your library.
- COVID-19 updates on specific City Department activities and services.
- Connect with the Regional Health Department Hotline: 757-683-2745.