We're here to help you!
Learn the latest on library operations and services.
Maintaining the health and safety of our customers and our staff is our first priority. With that in mind, services and operations may change during this time.
- Online services are still the safest option.
- Curbside Pickup is available at all locations.
- Business services are available at all locations.
When can people come in to browse and checkout items?
Based on increased vaccinations and decreasing COVID rates, the Chesapeake Public Library will fully reopen its facilities beginning Monday, April 5 at 9:00 am.
What do I need to know to visit the Library?
During your visit masks are required to be worn at all times.
Please maintain at least six feet of social distancing.
Please do not enter the library if:
- you have a fever
- you have COVID-19 symptoms
- you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- you have been advised to quarantine at home due to COVID-19
What if I need to return items?
You can still use any of our book drops inside or out. We sanitize items when they are returned to us before they are sent back to the shelves.
What if I want to borrow items like books, movies, music CDs or magazines?
Curbside Pickup is available at all locations. Reserve items online or by phone at least 24 hours in advance.
You can also browse and select materials at this time.
Can I book a meeting room or study room?
Due to continued limitations on group gatherings, study rooms and meeting rooms will continue to be unavailable.
What storytimes and classes are available now?
How do I schedule an appointment with a Notary Public?
Call your location at 757-410-7100 to request an appointment.
Still need help?
Please call 757-410-7100 to speak to someone at your library.
- COVID-19 updates on specific City Department activities and services.
- Connect with the Regional Health Department Hotline: 757-683-2745.
- Want to get vaccinated? Call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA